Did you know it’s Bike Week 2009?
Bike Week is the biggest nationwide cycling event in the UK. A national celebration of cycling, Bike Week helps you get more out of life - by getting on your bike and exploring your local community.
New for 2009, Bike Week focuses on encouraging families to taking up cycling as a regular activity in their local community. Bike Week is the time to “live local and get cycling.”
Bike Week is free to enter and open to everyone - you can either take part in an event or organise one yourself, you don’t have to be an experienced cyclist either, anyone can set up a Bike Week event.
Benefits of Signing Up to Bike Week
- Free event registration
- Free event liability insurance for all registered Bike Week events up to £10 million
- Free event listings on the national Bike Week website
- Free promotional materials to help event organisers recruit participants, including posters, leaflets and registration forms
- Free merchandise for participants including balloons, stickers, spoke reflectors and certificates
- Expert advice and assistance including draft press releases, guidance on event management, useful local contacts and a regularly updated FAQ page
- Free publicity for your event, as part of Bike Week’s national PR/marketing strategy
- Free competition entry with a chance to win a family break at Center Parcs, Thule bike carriers, and other fantastic prizes
- Regular e-shot updates including useful hints and tips, and event suggestions
As we are all encouraged to reduce our carbon footprint these days why not get on your bike abnd give cycling a go. Try Commuting to work rather than driving. If you don’t have a shower at work, don’t worrry, why not try Rocket Shower, showerless Personal Hygiene. Click here for more information…
Click here to visit the Bike Week Website