|Order the Timex Trail Runner Today & Receive it by Tomorrow!
Off of the back of the Timex Bodylink success comes the New Timex Trail Runner T5J985 with even more features to help you achieve your performance goals. As a running companion you just cant get a better training partner pushing you to the very limit of your training capacity, whether keeping you at the right pace, in the right direction or making sure your working hard enough all you need is you and your Timex Trail runner.
The Timex Trail runner is the ideal companion for those daily onslaughts of the hills, offering the runner a host of must have features. The Trail runner has all the great features of Timex?s hugely popular Bodylink system plus much more, including Predictive Finish Time, in which you just enter your goal time and it will let you know if youre on track or falling off the pace all the way round, new 3-dimensional GPS, plus the Timex Trail Runner gets you fitter faster using its new Interval training features.
Click for a larger view of
the Timex Trail Runner
The Timex Trail Runner comes with:
- Timex Ironman Triathlon Bodylink Performance Monitor sport watch
- Timex 3D GPS Unit
- Timex Digital Heart Rate Sensor
- Rubber Bike Mount
Timex Trail Runner Watch Features
- 100-hour chronograph with either lap/split in large digits
- 100-lap memory with recall of Bodylink system data
- 2 linked interval timers
- 100-hour, 3-mode countdown timer
Summary mode allowing you to review the following performance data at the end of your workout
(average/maximum speed & pace)
(event distance, and total distance on odometer)
(average, maximum, minimum, time in zones, average heart rate in zones, recovery)
- Lap Data Mode allows you to review stored lap information at any time.
- Modes Can be Hidden Depending on User Preferences and Sensor Data.
- Simultaneous display of Heart Rate and Speed Distance Data.
- 5 alarms settable for daily, weekday, weekend or weekly with 5-minute backup
- INDIGLO night-light with NIGHT-MODE feature
- 2 year battery life
- Water-resistance 50m
Timex Trail Runner Navigation Features:
Enhanced 3D GPS Functionality to provide
- East/West position expressed in degrees, minutes, and seconds from the Greenwich Meridian.
- North/South position expressed in degrees, minutes, and seconds from the equator.
- Current height above sea level with ascent and descent rates
- Navigation Mode - Navigate Mode displays directional information and tracks your speed, distance, and altitude during an activity. Using a system of Waypoints (a point between the beginning and ending point on a route), they serve as landmarks during an activity and can be used to help you find your way from your ending point back to your beginning point.
Waypoints Mode displays positional information and allows you to store up to 10 waypoints to mark specific navigational locations during your activity. Waypoints Mode also includes the Track Back feature that allows you to navigate from your current position to a stored waypoint.
- Ability to add up to 10 waypoints
- On-the-Move Compass Heading - used in conjunction with the navigation mode to provide the direction you're travelling in
Timex Trail Runner Speed & Distance Features:
- Exact speeds: real-time, average and max speed
- Exact pace: current pace, average and best pace
- Continuous odometer
- Hands free operation: start, stop and take splits automatically based on distance, speed or time
- New Predictive Finish Time Mode - Finish Mode allows you to predict how much time it will take you to finish a specified distance based on current S+D Sensor data. To help you stay on pace for your predicted finish, you can also set the Watch to alert you if you are moving either too quickly or too slowly for your desired pace. Keep you workout right on goal!
Timex Trail Runner Heart Rate Monitor Features:
With the Timex Trail Runner you get all these features as well as having a good looking sports watch on your wrist. You may also want to see the new Timex Data Recorder II. Read our Timex Trail Runner FAQs by clicking the tab at the top
- Heart Rate Display in %-of-Max Format - if you're basing your training on Heart-rate % then the Timex Trail Runner is ideal. Check our Target Heart Rate calculator for HR% training tips
- Target zones with alarms
- Maximum heart rate zone calculation: automatically sets 5 training zones and one manual
- Recovery heart rate timer - Times heart beats recovered over 1 or 2 minutes. This is a great indicator of improving fitness.
- Time in heart rate zone
Reviews by the Fitsense Team
In 2004 it was the smaller and lighter GPS unit. Last season it was the new Optimum Viewing Angle (O.V.A.) watches. It?s always exciting to find out what Timex?s big new product release will be each season. Each of Timex?s last two big releases has accomplished its goal in making exercising easier. The smaller GPS unit was so delightfully lightweight that it enabled Bodylink System users to forget that they were even wearing it on their arm. The O.V.A. watches let runners see the time without having to distort their arm movement at all. This helped runners track their workouts without compromising their speed as they glanced at their watches.
Timex?s newest release is sure to be just as embraced as were its last two big inventions. The new Timex Bodylink Trail Runner takes the design and capabilities of the popular Bodylink Heart Rate and Speed and Distance System and adds functions that make it ideal for outdoor adventures.
Specifically, the Bodylink Trail Runner includes Navigational Features that its precedent lacks. Aside from giving latitudinal and longitudinal readings, the new Timex Bodylink measures and displays Altitude and Elevation data, including ascent and descent rates. This extends the use of the Timex Bodylink beyond simply working out to include hiking and adventuring as well. With the new Timex Bodylink Trail Runner, you have the information at your wrist to help you ?track back?, or navigate back to your selected waypoint.
Those who would like to record the data gathered by their Bodylink Trail Runner will require the new Data Recorder 2 (T5G751). It is identical to the previous Data Recorder in its small size, its ability to record multiple workouts, and its capability to collect Heart Rate and Speed and Distance data. In addition, however, the newest version of the Data Recorder 2 records and displays navigational data, including altitude, elevation, latitude, longitude, ascent and descent data.
When I first heard that Timex, famous for its GPS systems, had released a ?Trail Runner? watch with Speed and Distance capabilities, I was quite confused. GPS is known to be completely accurate unless used in areas of overhead coverage. Thus, a GPS system is not ideal for use in heavily forested areas. A New Englander, when I hear the word ?trail?, I think of forests. It?s important to clarify that Timex does not intend for the Trail Runner to be used in forests. Rather, the ?Trail Runner? is intended for use on trails that have little or no tree coverage. To avoid confusion, Timex should have considered a more accurate name for its new Bodylink ? I would suggest the ?Timex Bodylink Mountain Runner?, or something of that sort that suggests use in a hilly area of low density.
Having made great strides in the Heart Rate, Speed and Distance and athletic watches in the last few years, Timex is certainly a leader in its market. I can?t imagine what they?ll come up with next, but I?m sure that in keeping with Timex?s trends of recently, it will add more precision to outdoor exercising.
How does the Timex Trail Runner compare to other GPS systems on the market?
- Size and Appearance- unlike other GPS systems, the Timex Bodylink series is extremely compact with a small GPS unit and highly durable Timex Ironman Performance monitor: ideal for running, cycling, walking and more!
- Features - functions such as displaying Heart Rate in % format, 3D GPS tracking, or predictive finish time are found on few other monitoring systems (see above for full features)
- Value for money - the Timex Trail Runner simply offers great priced leading-edge technology that will help you reach your fitness and training goals faster
| www.Fitsense.co.uk Suggestion Box
Recently Viewed Items
Timex Bodylink Trail Runner T5J985
|If you require more information about the Timex Bodylink Trail Runner T5J985, please feel free to get in touch here