Petzl E Lite Emergency Head Torch
E+Lite Upgrade with whistle available from January 2009
The E Lite Emergency Head Torch is designed for any situation. It is ultra-lightweight, comes in a hard case and can easily be stored with its batteries in a backpack, jacket, or emergency kit for up to 10 years. It provides white or red lighting in continuous or blinking mode and can easily be attached with its elastic band and clip.
For emergencies, the e+LITE is equipped with a long-range whistle (Available From Jan 09) that can signal one’s position for rescue (the SOS Morse code illustration on the whistle).
Long-term dependability, even when kept for years in harsh conditions:
- works in extreme temperatures: - 30 °C to + 60 °C (-22 °F to +140 °F)
- always ready for use: can be stored with batteries for up to 10 years and still be operational
- waterproof down to -1 m
- can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres (see specifications for certification level)
- compact and ultra-light (28 grams), so it can always with you,
- designed to prevent accidental operation with locking switch.
- two white lighting levels (maximum and economic)
- one red lighting level
- two flashing modes : white or red (for signalling)
- shines enough light to allow easy movement in the dark: shines up to 19 m
- provides up to 4 consecutive nights of lighting (45 hours)
- easy to use
Long-range whistle for communication or rescue:
- up to 100 dB can be heard up to 500 m away (in the mountains, at night and without wind)
- SOS Morse code illustration on the whistle
- Can be worn on the head, around the wrist or neck or attached to thin-edged objects with integrated clip.
- always shines in the direction you want: light source can be directed 360°
- red light beam helps preserve night vision
- Colour: black and red, red box, black band
- Three white LEDs and one red LED
- Clip attachment system and removable elastic headband
- Light source rotates 360° on ball and joint
- Operates with two Lithium CR2032 batteries (included)
- Degree of protection: IP 68 (waterproof down to -1 m)
- Weight: 28 g including batteries
- CE, ATEX certified (Ex II 3 GD Ex ic IIC T6, Ex tD A22, IP 68 T85°C)
- 10-year guarantee
Light output: 16 Lumens
Beam pattern: wide
3 white LEDs continuous
Battery life: 35 h / 19
1 red LED continuous flashing
Battery life: 45 h / 1000 mts
Review from Cycling Plus
"measuring just 40x30x20mm and weighing a mere 27g, Petzl's latest headtorch, the E Lite, is significantly lighter than ever. Officially it's designed as an emergency light to store in a mediacl kit, and comes with its own protective waterproof storage case complete with belt loop and two CR2032 lithium batteries. But you could just as well stash it in a seatpack or jersey pocket to get you out of trouble, while lightweight fetishists will see its adventure racing potential. The beam is incredibly powerful for the beam's diminuitive size - in fact it's brighter than the original Tikka...There's a simple but surprisingly comfortable head strap and a wire clip that allows the angle to be adjusted and for it to be attached to objects.
The E Lite isn't going to be as economical to run as rechargeable AAAs, but as the headtorch equivalent to the Backupz LEDs, it's a superb piece of minature engineering."
"Ant-sized emergency head torch with a powerful beam."