The Forerunner 405CX is the evolution of GPS-enabled training.
This sleek sport watch tracks your distance, pace and heart rate, then wirelessly sends the data to your PC for later analysis. The 405CX features heart rate-based calorie computation and comes with a second wrist band option suitable for smaller wrists.
Garmin Forerunner 405CX - Watch Results
Loaded with serious training features, Forerunner 405CX continuously records your time, distance, pace, calories burned and heart rate. Each workout is stored in memory so you can review and analyze the data to see how you've improved. And advanced training features will challenge you to step up your pace — race against Forerunner's Virtual Partner® to improve your times, or set up interval workouts without having to circle the track. You can even download recorded courses to compete against previous workouts. To use the watch, simply tap the touch bezel to change screens without fumbling for a button.
Garmin Forerunner 405CX -Track Heart Rate
Forerunner 405CX comes with a flexible, wireless heart rate monitor to help you make the most out of your training. The digital heart rate monitor continuously tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance on the same run.
Garmin Forerunner 405CX -Share Workouts Wirelessly
With Forerunner 405CX, you can share your locations, advanced workouts and courses wirelessly with other Forerunner 405 users. Send your favorite workout to your friends to try, or compete against someone else's recorded course. Sharing data is easy: just select "transfer" to send your information to a nearby device.
Garmin Forerunner 405CX - Run, Sync, Store and Share
Once you’ve logged the miles, innovative ANT+™ wireless technology automatically transfers data to your computer when Forerunner is in range. No cables, no hookups. The data’s just there, ready for you to analyze, categorize and share through our online community, Garmin Connect or our optional Garmin Training Center™ software. You can even plan workouts on your computer and then send them to your Forerunner.
Garmin Forerunner 405CX - Train Year Round
Take your training inside with the versatile Forerunner 405CX and optional wireless accessories. Pair it with an optional foot pod to track your speed, distance and running cadence indoors when GPS signals are unavailable. The wireless foot pod clips onto your laces for easy removal and automatically turns on when you start moving. Or pair your Forerunner with an optional speed/cadence bike sensor to track the speed and distance of your cycling workouts.
Advanced heart rate-based calorie computation - this is a VAST improvement over the original Forerunner 405
Garmin Connect and Garmin Training Center are compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Intel-based Mac running OS 10.4 or later with Safari.
- Fits most wrists comfortably with either the original strap or the included fabric wrist straps (see pics at bottom)
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix
- Touch bezel interface ( can be turned off if you prefer to use regular "buttons")
- Watch features: time of day (12/24h), dual time zone, day/date, daily alarm
- Training and motivational features: Virtual Partner®, courses, workouts, goals
- GPS features: mark locations, back to start, save location
- Zone training: heart rate zone training, supports five heart rate zones
- ANT+ wireless technology: automatically transfer information back and forth between the watch and computer
- Unit-to-unit transfer: send workouts and locations to other Forerunner 405s
- Can be used for running, cycling and any other outdoor sport
- Garmin Connect : log workouts, set goals and share workouts in our online fitness community
- Compatible with GSC 10™ speed/cadence bike sensor: monitor pedaling cadence and wheel speed
- Compatible with foot pod: measure speed, distance and runners cadence indoor and outdoor
- Battery life: up to eight hours (training) or two weeks (power save mode) - can be worn as regular watch.
- Water resistant to IPX7 (1 meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Weight: 2.11 oz (60 g)
- Display: round four-level gray FSTN, 124 x 95 pixels
- Size (mm): 45.75mm x 70.5mm x 16.4mm
- Distance accuracy: 99% with clear view of sky
- Temp range: -4 F to 140 F (-20 C to 60 C)
Garmin’s FR 60 and Forerunner 50/305/405 are designed for fitness enthusiasts and athletes of every level and now they are fully “New Leaf Compatible.